“Hey, breeders! We have not voted for your marriage. Why are you to vote for ours?”, – homosexuals ask. “Equality – for all”.
Well, the concept of marriage has been established by God, rather than by voting, yet it is not a convincing argument for homosexuals indeed. After all, who is God but a racist and homophobic bigot? He ought to be sent to diversity training before assuming the position. Who allowed Him to discriminate and violate our “constitutional right of equal protection”?
1) The meaning of a word “marriage” originated earlier than any constitution. This term is already occupied. If one doesn't like its meaning, one can introduce another term for another meaning. In fact, such a term (called domestic partnership) already exists in California.
2) Marriage has never been a right, but rather a privilege granted by the state and/or the respective religious institutions. It has been granted to a majority but not all couples of opposite sex in accordance with the millennia long tradition and in the best interests of the society. The most important is to encourage the procreation in the frame of the traditional family. Only the traditional family of a mother and a father provides the best environment for kids.
Even if the marriage were a civil right:
3) Does the traditional marriage treat homosexuals unequally? All qualified citizens can marry a person of the opposite sex. Homosexuals can marry a person of the opposite sex too. This is “Equality - for all”. However homosexuals demand something that others do not have: namely to “marry” a person of the same sex. Who then pretend for unequal treatment?
4) By no means can the “right” of “same sex marriage” be derived from the Constitution of the United States or the Constitution of the States. In fact, at the time when those Constitutions were enacted (150-230 years ago and up to just 50 years ago), even a hidden homosexual cohabitation was generally understood as a crime punishable by imprisonment or worse. It is ludicrous to refer to the Constitutions in order to legalize something considered self evidently abominable and unlawful in that time.
5) Homosexuals claim to be victims of discrimination based on bigotry and prejudice similar to those, taking place against the blacks, Irish, or Jews in the past. They equate refusal of recognition of homosexual “marriage” to the prohibition of inter-racial marriages existing before the 50s in some states. This comparison however insults the blacks, attempting to equate race or ethnicity to a vice or illness. For this is exactly how the majority of people perceive homosexual cohabitation, referred in the Bible as abomination. Moreover, this comparison also confuses the notions. The definition of marriage has nothing to do with race or ethnicity but has everything to do with the opposite sexes.
6) The great majority of the population considers homosexual cohabitation as a vice, tolerable in privacy of homes, but not entitled to any social approval or benefits (which in fact do exist in California, but do not in 36 other states).
If Prop. 8 is defeated so that the recent judicial decision redefining the marriage remains in effect, it will add even more legitimacy to the homosexual lobby and will encourage them to push homosexuality even more in all spheres imaginable: from military, to schools, to kindergartens.
7) Exposure of little kids in preschools and elementary schools to any kind of sexual "education" is defilement, particularly vicious in a case of perverted sexual practices. In the middle and high schools, attempts to present homosexual cohabitation as though a variant of the norm amount to defilement and depravation too. Kids adopted by homosexuals are at higher risk of acquiring this so called "variant of norm", which in fact is an anomaly. This reproduction of the anomaly is happening right now, and it will become unstoppable if Prop. 8 is defeated. If nothing else, at least save our kids! Vote Yes on Prop. 8!
Summarizing it, homosexual activists want:
People of faith of whichever level of observance! Please bear in mind:
Endorsement of homosexuality is incompatible with Judaism,
Incompatible with Christianity,
Incompatible with Natural law and common sense.
with Jewish and Christian friends
Items 17, 18